- Dorchester, Dorset, England
- £24000 to £28000/Annum
- Job Reference
- Job Type
Contracts Manager (Public Facilities) Job in Dorchester, Dorset
£24,000 – £28,000 per annum DOE
Immediate Start Available
Our client is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager (Public Facilities) to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of our client’s organisation. You will ensure that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for its employees and their activities.
This is a diverse field with a range of responsibilities; you will be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Due to the nature of the role, you must be flexible and re-active. You will generally work 40 hours per week, but longer hours may be required on occasion to meet project deadlines or to cover emergencies.
Likely areas of responsibility include:
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Catering and vending
- Health and safety
- Procurement and contract management
- Space management
- Utilities and communications infrastructure.
- Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
- Investigate the availability and suitability of options for new premises
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, Archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- keep staff safe
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
- use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
Within your CV, you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Evidence of previous experience in a similar role must be shown within CV
- Hold a full manual UK driving licence and own transport
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Procurement and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Confident decision making
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- IT skills
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
Candidates must hold:
- Valid Passport or Full Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
- 2 years previous employment reference history
APPLY by emailing CV to VICKY at City Centre Recruitment
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Contracts Manager (Public Facilities) Job in Dorchester, DorsetRead More