Wood Operatives, Piddlehinton
- Piddlehinton, Dorchester, Piddlehinton, Dorset, England
- £9.25 to £12.33/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- June 22, 2021
Piddlehinton, Dorchester Dorset
Temporary on-going roles
£9.25 per hour
Over Time £12.33 per hour
Standard hours 42.50 per week
Monday to Friday 06.30am to 16.00pm
Must have own transport due to location.
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 Mon to Friday 8am to 5pm
OR EMAIL CV TO Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
We are seeking Wood Operatives to join our client based in Piddlehinton, Dorchester. Due to the clients location you must have own transport as it is not accessible via public transport. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy fast-paced timber production environment. They are seeking candidates who are willing to be trained up in all three areas and if you prove your ability, a permanent position could be gained at the client’s discretion.
Brief overview of three main roles you will cover:
Timber assembly / production:
- Working indoors
- Placing timber components into jigs.
- Placing steel connector plates quickly and accurately at pressing points.
- Assist in the nailing of girder trusses.
- Assist in handling and safe stacking of completed work from jigs to trolleys.
- Assist in other areas of production as required, including such duties as taking off and stacking cut material from saws, banding job lots using banding machines and assisting in the maintenance of a clean and tidy working area.
- Operating machinery when required (Full training provided)
Saw Shop Stacking:
- Working indoors and outdoors
- Lifting and shifting various shapes and sized timbers into correct bays ready for picking
- Fast paced environment under direct supervision
Outdoor Yard Picking:
- Working outdoors in all weathers
- Fast-Paced, accurate picking skills required – 80 to 100 customer orders per day
- Using mini tractors to collect customer orders ready for delivery
Within your CV, you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Evidence of previous manual labour experience within CV
- Timber assembly experience would be an advantage but not essential
- This is a physical labour role that involves lifting / assembling large and heavy items
- Excellent communication skills and able to follow instructions
- Ability to prioritise workload and pay attention to detail
- Team work is essential with this role
Candidates must hold:
- Must have own transport
- Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Wood Operatives Job in Piddlehinton, Dorchester Dorset
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #tempjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #generallabourer #manualrole #Dorchester #Dorset #immediatestart