Waste Promotional Assistants
- Dorchester, Dorset, England
- £10.19 to £10.45/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- June 1, 2022
Waste Promotional Assistants,
£10.19 per hour, increasing to £10.45 after 12 weeks
07.00am to 15.00pm – Monday to Friday
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 Mon to Friday 8am to 5pm
OR EMAIL CV TO Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
Our client is seeking Waste Promotional Assistants to join the Dorset Council. You will be based at County Hall, Dorchester, BUT the role involves being taken to locations and walking 6 to 12 miles per day. Want to make a difference to help the environment and help fight climate change? This Dorset Council waste team project is encouraging Dorset residents to reduce, reuse and recycle more of their household waste. The activity is to place information on the wheeled bins and food containers on collection day rounds at around the same time collection vehicles empty the bins. The length of day will be dependent on the round / conditions. The role will involve extended periods of walking each day, overall a relatively high level of physical activity. The work will be conducted in an outdoor environment and reliant on reasonable weather. It is planned that alternative work, e.g. assisting delivery of containers, will be found on any days lost to poor weather.
- The role involves early starts and early afternoon finishes
- To place information hangers and stickers on household waste bins and containers.
- To work with a small team (e.g. 3) mostly staying ahead of the collection vehicles.
- Able to confidentially talk to residents if approached about the work being conducted as a representative of Dorset Council.
- To provide assistance to the Recycling Team day to day activities
- To comply with activity pandemic enhanced risk assessments e.g. travel and personal protective equipment (PPE) (provided).
Candidates must hold:
- Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
- 2 years previous employment reference history
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Waste Promotional Assistants, Job in Dorchester, Dorset
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #tempjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #Dorchester #wastepromotions #Dorset #immediatestart