Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor
- Portland, Isle of Portland, Dorset, England
- £0 to £0/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- June 15, 2021
Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor
Temporary to Permanent Role
Monday to Friday
Standard hours 42.50 per week
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 Mon to Friday 8am to 5pm
OR EMAIL CV TO Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
Our client is seeking a Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis.
The role is a hands on workshop-based position that will report directly to the factory general manager and include the following responsibilities;
- Working alongside and overseeing a small team to meet the requirements of a sometimes demanding and rapidly changing schedule to satisfy customer orders.
- Ensuring that staff within the sheet metal department are working effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Working closely with the Sheet Metal Design Engineer with respect to best practice in all operational, quality and technical matters
- Advising, assisting and implementing procedures and practices to ensure full compliance with all mandatory and legislative requirements with respect to Health and Safety and maintenance.
- Covering the critical responsibilities of the Sheet Metal Design Engineer in their absence whilst also training to offer full cover/additional design resource in the future,
- Positively contributing to the overall operation and team in a fast moving production environment to ensure we maintain and further develop our hard-earned reputation for both outstanding customer service levels and quality standards.
Within your CV, you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Evidence of previous experience within CV
- Demonstrate the relevant experience and capability in some or all aspects of sheet metal fabrication and the ability to manage a small team.
- Be conversant with AutoCAD/Solidworks (or similar) and CADCAM CNC programming packages relating to sheet metal working equipment or prepared to undertake training in these areas as required (this may be external off site training)
- Be very creative with a mind geared towards helping to develop innovative high quality solutions in a very competitive cost conscious market
- Demonstrate a good understanding and application of Health and Safety legislation and requirements surrounding sheet metal fabrication equipment
- Show excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Be able to work under their own initiative and with minimal supervision.
Candidates must hold:
- Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Sheet Metal Workshop Supervisor, Portland
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #temptopermjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #sheetmetalworker #manualrole #Portland #Dorset #immediatestart