- Weymouth, Dorset, England
- £32000 to £40000/Annum
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- August 5, 2022
PROCESS ENGINEER (Production of parts and processes)
Monday to Thursday 08.00am until 16.45pm
Fridays 08.00am until 14.00pm
39 hours per week
£32k – £40k DOE Per Annum
Immediate start or notice periods considered
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 Monday to Friday or email CV to Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
Our client is seeking a PROCESS ENGINEER to join them on a permanent basis. The main task of this role is to lead Process improvements to contribute to long term performance targets through the innovation, development, and management of the production of parts and processes.
Drive a continuous improvement culture across the business.
- Self-motivated to find process improvements and use data to analyse potential solutions to new products and existing processes to give the best overall company benefit.
- Draft process improvement ideas to reduce cost, increase production rates, reduce waste or similar.
- Run Process Improvement trials to prove out viability of proposed improvements.
- Manage and coordinate the transfer of parts and / or processes into mainstream production.
- Upscaling / industrialising parts and processes developed through the R&D processes
- Manage and coordinate improvements using industry standard tools and techniques, (such as Lean / Six Sigma) aimed at optimizing and industrializing the manufacture of existing parts and processes that increase quality, reliability, and efficiency.
- Develop and implement the use of (statistical) process control techniques and statistical problem-solving techniques throughout the Team.
- Continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve operational processes and capacity to improve business operating profit. Support Capital Expenditure proposals that invest in the business with this aim in mind.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge and an appropriate technical network and tracking of literature of latest developments in the Precision Engineering sector.
- Support the Sales Team and work collaboratively cross functionally to optimise business technical advantage by advising and finding solutions to problems that arise in relation to technical engineering issues.
- Develop a gated process that delivers structure to the handover of parts from NPI/Process engineering to the production team.
- Focus on process optimisation to see where we can remove wate and gain efficiencies within our current processes and infrastructure.
- Support and apply all Company Policies such as Safety, Health & Environment, Quality and HR policies through the team (including safety assessments, accident / near miss reporting, internal audits, T&A, holidays, absence, and disciplinary procedures) to maintain a safe, controlled and well managed team.
- Demonstrate and act as a role model for Company standards of behaviour and values. Set the standards and expectations for all staff to maintain the behaviours that support an effectively run and efficient manufacturing operation.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions
- Confident in feeding and observing production machinery.
Candidates must hold:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or similar subject
- Advanced knowledge working with AutoCAD, Creo, Solid works or similar programs
- Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to PROCESS ENGINEER (Production of parts and processes)
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #permjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #Weymouth #processengineer #Engineering #chemicalengineering #mechanicalengineering #Dorset #immediatestart