- Bason Bridge, Somerset, England
- £26894 to £26894/Annum
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- June 24, 2022
Outskirts of Bridgwater
After a period of training, the jobholder will be able to work as part of a team, carrying out designated duties to ensure product of the correct specification is produced to achieve pre-determined programmes, whilst fulfilling the operational, safety and hygiene requirements of the plant and working environment.
- Show a full understanding of, and correctly operate, all the plant and equipment within the product preparation, drying and packing operations.
- Clean all areas of plant and equipment to achieve the necessary standards of hygiene within the allotted time.
- Carry out relevant sampling and quality checks and understand their meaning and importance.
- Be conversant with the appropriate recording and reporting systems in use within the department.
- In liaison with the Bagging Room Operator, be continually aware of the plant’s performance and ensure relevant personnel are promptly informed of any event, which is detrimental to achieving the main purpose of the job.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of adequate levels of materials within the department.
- Be able to satisfactorily communicate operational requirements to other members of the team and so enable the job requirements to be effectively achieved.
- Be prepared to undertake appropriate training in order to acquire further relevant skills.
- Support training and development activities.
The ability to demonstrate:
- The required levels of literacy and numeracy
- Practical ability
- Physical strength (ability to handle 25 kg bags)
- Manual dexterity
- The ability to understand technical issues (plant operating conditions, etc.)
- Knowledge of the hygiene and safety requirements in food production.
Hourly rate is £12.93 per hour, plus overtime if you work over 40 hours
This includes a £1.68 shift allowance due to the nature of the rotating shift pattern you’re required to work
Week 1: 6am – 2.30pm
Week 2: 2pm – 10.30pm
Week 3: 10pm – 6.30am
This position is commutable from; Bridgwater, Highbridge, Weston Super Mare, Burnham, Taunton, Wellington, Street, Cheddar, Bristol
If you are interested in this or another role, please contact us with your CV.
City Centre recruitment gets to know candidates – It’s all about having the right people! Our consultants are available to advise, guide and support you throughout the entire recruitment process.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. City Centre Recruitment are acting as an employment business in relation to these Machine Operator jobs in Bridgwater, Somerset