(IAG) Information, Advice and Guidance Advisor
- Portland, Isle of Portland, Dorset, England
- £26000 to £26000/Annum
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- August 13, 2019
(IAG) Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser, Portland Dorset
Monday to Thursday 08.00am to 17.00pm
Fridays 08.00am to 12noon
Full Time 36 hour per week
Our client is seeking an experienced (IAG) Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser to join their team based on Portland, Dorset. You must be willing to undertake DBS and security checks for this role, as this is an “In Custody” role. You will provide careers information, advice and guidance to prisoners in custody using various methods of delivery; supporting them into positive learning and employment outcomes in custody and through the gate.
- Provide careers advice and information to prisoners, helping them to achieve work, learning and personal development goals.
- Train a cohort of prisoners to Level 3/4 Careers Information Advice and Guidance.
- Documenting advice and goals in an agreed Personal Learning Plan/Skills Action Plan.
- Support prisoners to develop employability skills through a range of activities.
- Deliver employability workshops including CV, Disclosure, Interview Skills and live Job Search.
- Coordinating careers/employment fairs, sector specific talks, employer visits and motivational events.
- Work with prisoners to support their progression into learning or work through the gate.
- Work with a variety of organisations and resettlement partners to meet prisoners personal learning and employment goals.
- Manage a prisoner caseload, supporting the achievement of personal and team targets, including MI requirements for the contract.
- Record all interactions with prisoners on Pnomis, updating case notes and local MI systems.
- Attend custody meetings and where required travel to external events and training to support CPD.
- Work collaboratively with staff of all levels to deliver holistic joined up services, supporting multi-agency initiatives.
Must hold the following qualifications:
- Level 4 in Careers Information & Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance
- At least level 2 in English and Mathematics
Within your CV, you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Previous relevant experience of working in careers or advice guidance roles
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- Administrative skills including writing reports, maintaining accurate records and using IT
- The capacity to research and manage large amounts of information
- Commitment to the principles and practice of equality and diversity.
- The ability to establish a rapport and work with clients from a range of backgrounds
- Assertiveness and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Candidates must hold:
- Valid Passport or Full Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
- 2 years previous employment reference history
- Full driving licence and own car
APPLY by emailing CV to Vicky@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to (IAG) Information, Advice and Guidance Adviser, Portland Dorset