Cable Winders (General Labour)
- Portland, Isle of Portland, Dorset, England
- £9.5 to £15/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- July 23, 2021
Cable Winders, Portland
£9.50 to £15.00 per hour depending on Shift
Various shifts from July to December 2021
Day and Night Shifts
1 day to 5 days in a row
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 Mon to Friday 8am to 5pm
OR EMAIL CV TO Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
You will be coiling undersea cable from a ship to internal tanks or transferring cable internally from tank to tank. This is a repetitive physical manual labour role. Our temporary team is mixed and no previous experience is required as trained on site.
Working as a team, you pass the cable around to other teammates to coil it within open sided tanks. As the cable coils, you will be needing to climb in and out of the tanks.
The cable is fed by pulling machines which on occasions can get caught and delay the process so it important you follow instructions.
- The cables can vary in size, weight and as you can imagine if been under the seabed, can be dirty.
- The coiling can run at varies of speeds.
- The tanks are located in a large industrial unit and on occasion, you could be required to work on the actual ship docked.
- We advise that if you have a fear of heights this may not be the role for you (Platforms are see through and cable gets coiled to certain heights within tanks)
- It is a physical manual labour role.
Candidates must hold:
- Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Cable Winding on Portland
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #tempjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #Portland #adhocshifts #extramoney #dorset