Business Support Manager
- Bournemouth, Dorset, England
- £20 to £22/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- January 14, 2020
Business Support Manager, Bournemouth Dorset
Monday 27th January to Friday 1st May 2020
£20 – £22 per hour depending on experience
24 Hours per week
Monday, Thursday and Fridays 09.00am to 17.00pm
TO APPLY Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council are seeking a Business Support Manager, Bournemouth Dorset to join their team on a temporary basis. As an agency worker, you will work on a contract of services for the council. On occasions, assignments can be extended at the client’s discretion.
- To provide executive business support to the Communities directorate
- To support the Communities Leadership team in the delivery of a wide range of Council services
- To progress the alignment and harmonisation of the Directorate’s business support functions
- To support the development of transformation work across Communities
- Support Heads of Service in business support functions within their services as required
- Lead a directorate wide review of business support which seeks to harmonise and provide consistency across all service areas including identification of current risks and prioritisation of activity
- Review all Management Assurance activity to ensure compliance with corporate and legal requirements with a focus on information governance, risk management, complaints and business continuity
- To lead on the development of a communications plan for the Directorate
- Support the review of fee’s and charges to ensure they are aligned
- Implement formal Project Management processes across the Directorate
- Develop a performance management framework for the Directorate
- Deliver a staff engagement programme across the Directorate
- Develop the Executive Assistant role to ensure adequate support is provided to the Director and wider management team
- Support the delivery of effective leadership team meetings
- Support the development of a Directorate Business Plan for 20/21 and associated Service Plans
- Develop a directorate training programme
- Support workforce development activity
- Support Heads of Service in delivering staff restructuring
- Support Heads of Service in delivering Service Reviews
Within your CV, you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Evidence of previous experience in a similar role must be shown within CV.
- Experience of managing in a pressurised environment
- Prove of project management
- Ability to work accurately and calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience of software packages, particularly Microsoft office.
- Team working skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Candidates must hold:
- Valid Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
- 2 years previous employment reference history
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Business Support Manager, Bournemouth Dorset