- Weymouth Beach, Dorset , Weymouth, Dorset, England
- £9.5 to £9.74/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- August 3, 2021
Beach Attendants, Weymouth, Dorset
Temporary Summer Contracts
Immediate starts end of September 2021
£9.50 per hour increasing to £9.74 per hour after 12 weeks
Rota Shifts – 15 to 40 hours per week approx.
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm or email CV to Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
Our client Weymouth Town Council Beach team are seeking Seasonal Beach Attendants for the 2021 summer season. You must be 18 or over and ideally hold a driving licence but this is not essential. This role is weather dependant so candidates must be flexible with availability, as hours cannot be guaranteed. As a Beach attendant you will be responsible for assisting with the operational requirements of the Weymouth Town Council beach and esplanade services and events programme.
- Take down the Scrim netting from railings
- Put down Access matting onto the beach
- Getting deckchairs up from the stores
- Loading and unloading wheelie bins to the seafront
- Installing lost children fence into the beach
- Increase amount of deckchairs on promenade
- Start to build stacks of deckchairs/sunbeds
- Make sure we have all equipment out to sell (roughly 1500 deckchairs, 120 sunbeds and 140 windbreakers to be moved up from stores onto the beach)
- Carry out seafront services including patrols, hiring of deckchairs etc., ticket issuing etc.
- Issuing and collection of council monies in respect of the beach retail services.
- Ensure the safety of the public when using the beach and esplanade.
- Respond to / deal with incidents, public reports and concerns regarding public behaviour as an initial point of contact and to liaise with relevant emergency services or other departments when necessary.
The ideal candidate will show evidence of the following within CV:
- Previous experience within the hospitality, tourism / events or sports sectors would be an advantage but not essential
- You will be diligent, have a confident personality and be highly motivated to ensure customers receive excellent customer service to make their experience of Weymouth positive.
- Money Handling – Adding and subtracting in head – Cashing up
- You must have strong customer services skills and have dealt with general public within face to face environments
- Good general knowledge of Weymouth and popular tourist attractions
- You must be physically fit as the role involves lifting, moving and walking/standing for long periods.
You must hold:
- Passport OR Birth Certificate with National Insurance Proof
- Full driving licence would be an advantage but not essential
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Beach Attendants, Weymouth, Dorset
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #tempjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #Beach #weymouth #Dorset #immediatestart