Assistant Waste & Resource Officer
- Bournemouth, Dorset, England
- £9.68 to £9.81/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- October 11, 2018
Assistant Waste & Resource Officer (Admin and Clerical) Bournemouth
ASAP Start until March 2019 – Could be extended
£9.68 per hour increasing to £9.81 after 12 completed weeks
Full Time 37 hours per week
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Our client is seeking an Assistant Waste & Resource Officer (Admin) to join the Bournemouth Borough Council. You will be based at Southcote Depot however must hold Full UK manual driving and own car to carry out the tasks of the role.
You will provide with the day-to-day running of the Council’s waste prevention and recycling activities and assist with campaigns and events for the promotion of waste prevention and recycling awareness.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To engage and educate residents, visitors, businesses and other members of staff regarding waste prevention and recycling initiatives
- Attend and present at community meetings, housing association meetings, and area forums.
- Arrange and carry out home visits with regards additional refuse capacity requests.
- Assist with workshops and assemblies with schools and with other community sections, i.e. brownies, youth clubs, societies.
- Act as a point of contact for members of the public and any other interested parties with regard to enquiries, complaints or feedback of the waste prevention and recycling services. To act accordingly to investigate, respond or rectify via email, letter, telephone or face-to face.
- Promote the aims of these services by answering queries, encouraging good practice and assisting in improving participation levels and reducing contamination levels
- Attend briefings and training to keep up-to-date with forthcoming legislation and good practise to provide a knowledge-working base.
- Represent the Council at meetings with external agencies and other Councils.
- To include out of office hours working when require.
Within your CV you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Evidence of previous experience in a similar role must be shown within CV.
- Experience of dealing with the public to deliver a high level of customer service
- An understanding of waste, recycling and general environmental issues
- A geographical knowledge of the Bournemouth
- Strong communication skills (Verbal/Written)
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office to produce documents and keep records
- A positive and approachable attitude when working with a range of individuals, agencies and community groups.
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to work some weekends and some evenings as required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be self-Motivated
Candidates must hold:
- A valid full manual UK driving license
- Passport or Full Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
- 2 years previous employment reference history
APPLY by emailing CV to VICKY at City Centre Recruitment
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Assistant Waste & Resource Officer (Admin and Clerical) Bournemouth