18th Edition Electrician
- Portland, Isle of Portland, Dorset, England
- £12 to £16/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- November 19, 2020
18th Edition Electrician, Portland Dorset
Temporary to Permanent position
Monday to Friday
£12 to £16 per hour DOE
TO APPLY CALL 01305 239239 OR EMAIL CV TO Weymouth@citycentrerecruitment.co.uk
We are seeking an 18th Edition Electrician to join our client located on Portland Dorset. They are rapidly expanding their site and want to secure an on-site permanent Electrician.
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems on domestic electrical systems, including fault finding, and rewiring;
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools;
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous;
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including in fire alarms and security systems;
- Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms;
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building regulations, and follows safety requirements;
Skills / Qualifications / Experience Required
- Fully qualified electrician with 3 years post qualification experience.
- Domestic Electrical fault finding with demonstrable evidence (critical)
- 18th Edition (essential)
- UKATA Cat B Asbestos (strongly desirable)
- Experience in fire alarm systems advantageous.
- Electrical testing and inspection qualifications (strongly desirable)
- You should have a good understanding of IT including using smart phones and tablets.
- An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- Passport or Birth Certificate with National Insurance Proof
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to 18th Edition Electrician, Portland Dorset
#Citycentrerecruitment #Weymouthbranch #temptopermjob #recruitmentagency #seekingwork #portland #18thedition #electrician #Dorset #immediatestart