Business Support Administrator
- Bournemouth, Dorset, England
- £9.21 to £9.81/Hour
- Job Reference
- Job Type
- Date Posted
- June 12, 2018
Business Support Administrator jobs in Bournemouth
Temporary Contract – Could be extended
Start Monday 18th June and reviewed 22nd September 2018
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
£9.21 per hour – Increases to £9.81 per hour after 12 completed weeks
Our client Bournemouth Borough Council is seeking Administrator to join the Business support for the Special Educational Needs and Disability team based at Bournemouth Town Hall.
- Provide a comprehensive, efficient and effective administrative support to individuals and teams to enable them to maximise their delivery potential, within a specialist work area.
- Maintain data storage and retrieval arrangements in accordance with Record Management Guidelines. To act as a minute taker for the chair at meetings/conferences ensuring an accurate record of the meeting/conference and the dissemination of notes to appropriate services, OR to undertake line management duties for other business support staff.
- Provide a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Maintaining manual and electronic filing systems for the services supported, ensuring data accuracy, confidentiality and security. Working within the guidelines of Records Management.
- Make and receive phone calls.
- Take accurate messages for officers and forward referring to procedures relevant to service.
- Always use the email system to record messages, and where appropriate to individual cases, load immediately on to RAISE or other case monitoring databases.
- Source and order a range of resources using appropriate procurement systems, (stationery, training materials, etc.)
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for officers attending conferences or other events.
- To include: travel warrants; car hire; flights; hotel accommodation. This may involve sourcing hotels and flights on the Internet, ensuring the most efficient use of officers’ time.
- Provide full business support for the arrangement of meetings/conferences, including pre-meeting preparation, (agendas, coordinating diaries, venue booking, refreshments, etc), taking minutes and dissemination of minutes/notes and any meeting resources.
- Provide support, guidance and advice to business support assistants who may be involved in meetings/conferences and procedures.
- Maintain diary systems, time management systems as required. This may require access to officers’
- Outlook accounts to arrange meetings, filter e-mails, etc.
- Undertake financial processes including:
- Processing invoices for payment through creditors or payroll, ensuring that appropriate authority levels are adhered to.
- Raise invoices for services provided to external bodies
- Arrange recharges for services to internal bodies
- Prepare payments for specialist area of work for authorisation by budget holders
- Maintain monitoring processes in conjunction with budget holders
- Preparing petty cash claims
Within your CV, you must show evidence of the following skills:
- Evidence of previous experience in a similar role must be shown within CV.
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships with people at all levels, both internal and external
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in writing
- Ability to retain information and produce accurate/quality work
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to use initiative
Candidates must hold:
- Passport or Full Birth Certificate with proof of National Insurance
To apply, please email your CV to Vicky at City Centre Recruitment NOW
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Business Support Administrator jobs in Bournemouth